Advanced Illustration and Key Art Techniques
2D Concept Illustration, 3D Asset Creation, 360 Illustration and Interactive Concept Design with VR with Alex Nice
Learn from the industry-proven workflows of Art Department Illustrator Alex Nice, as he shares his processes for creating both flat 2D illustrations and 2D-to-3D interactive scenes.
Art Departments in the film industry are continually changing as new tools and technology make things easier and faster. However, with these new tools comes additional complexity. The never-ending challenge is finding a comfortable balance between art and technology within tight, uncompromising production schedules. As a professional artist for feature film, Alex covers his pipeline for creating a sci-fi environment set using various 2D and 3D applications. This workshop is not software-specific and is ideal for anyone with a basic understanding of 3D workflows.
Throughout the lesson, Alex explores a few of the new next-gen tools available to artists and finds ways to save time when creating professional production art. This workshop will stay broad in scope so that it can apply to all levels of artistic ability, regardless of experience, and focus on concepts rather than what buttons to press.
Duration: 197 Minutes
Format: HD 1920x1080
- 00. Preview
- 01. Introduction
- 02. Fishing Village: Mixing 2D & 3D techniques for Environment Concept illustration
- 03. Sci-Fi City Rooftop: Preparing the 2D plate & setting up your 360° in 3D
- 04. Sci-Fi City Rooftop: Sketching in 360° & Creating your own Kitbash Library
- 05. Sci-Fi City Rooftop: Creating 3D props and setting up concept Render Passes
- 06. Sci-Fi City Rooftop: Creating the Final Polished 360° 2D Illustration — Part 1
- 07. Sci-Fi City Rooftop: Creating the Final Polished 360° 2D Illustration — Part 2
- 08. Sci-Fi City Rooftop: Bringing your flat 2D illustration back into 3D for real-time VR